Saturday, May 17, 2014

Jon Finally Knows

The joke is finally up, months of waiting and in the early hours this morning we arrived in Albuquerque NM! My name is Jon Ward and I have known Aaron since I was a baby. We used to fly model airplanes when we were kids which I wasn't that into back then but now we now fly real airplanes (I really just ride) and I am becoming a fan. Our love for cars/motorcycles has always been a constant throughout our friendship which got me into this predicament. Marty came into my life around 2003 when Aaron introduced me he was sprawled out on the couch with a blanket and barely one eye open, all he said was "hey, nice to meet you" and went back to sleep. We worked together at TDS up until 6 or 7 months ago and haven't seen to much of each other. This morning in our hotel room it reminded me of the time that we first met... Marty sprawled out with a blanket over him and barely one eye open at 8:30 am.

We always talked about doing a trip like this but it never came into reality until this year. It was a great timing for me because now I am married with 2 beautiful boys and another one on the way due in August (My wife is great for allowing me to come!). Nevertheless I have had some serious doubts about coming on this trip, but I am here now and ready to get on Route 66 with a new gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment